Wednesday, August 15

Thrifting Challenge!

I have been known to complain that it is hard to find any good treasures at our thrift shops out here and there really are not any good antique shops. So when I saw this thrifting challenge from a blogger in the U.K. http://vintagepleasure.typepad.com/vintage_pleasure/2007/07/what-can-you-ge.html , I thought I would give it a try! The goal was to find as much as you could for under 6 pounds, which is equal to about $12.35 U.S. It so happened that three of the stores I shopped at were having their annual August half price clearance sale, so that helped me out a lot!

So here is what I found for about $12.30 U.S. dollars:


Vintage Table Runner $2.00


Apron with Blue Flowers 99cents



Embroidered Hankie With Beautiful Detail $1.50


Vintage Queen Fitted Sheet $1.00


Small Pink Covered Pyrex Dish (about 12oz) $2.00


Very Old Large Pyrex Glass Baking Dish $3.00


Small Stoneware Creamer Jug 99cents

Now I can take a break from thrifting and get caught up on the housework! My hubby will appreciate that.

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Thank you so much for joining in!Some of my favourite thrifting treasures there like pyrex and aprons!

~JOSh-X said...

Serena wanted me to tell you that she really likes the apron, and she thinks it's super cute ^_^ !

~JOSh-X

Anonymous said...

Just came over from Kristy's to see what you managed to get for your money. You did really well, loads of stuff and some of it so very pretty.

Quick Click Media said...

Congrats on the great finds!!!

Hailey said...

Okay . . . don't ask me how, but I just now scrolled down your blog page and saw this post! And sweet Hannah's bonnet. I missed them somehow. I LOVE this post. It's so clever and i love all of the items you purchased. They're beautiful!